Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blessed

Today I was joking with the LST team that is currently in Natal (ok...maybe not joking...I was pretty serious) that I have the best job ever because among my other duties, I am the one who takes them to the beach, shopping, to eat good food, and see anything and everything that may be of interest to them on their days off. Don't get me wrong, we definitely work hard during the week, but after working hard it's always nice to have a day or two to play hard and regroup.

Tonight at dinner they were asking me a little bit about how I ended up here, and I had the privilege of telling them the story of how God led me to work in Natal. I mentioned the part about how I never in a million years would have dreamed that I would be working as a full-time missionary with a semi-long commitment (for my age, a total of 5 years is a long time!) as well as the part about how God so graciously gave me this opportunity and I am well aware that He could just as quickly take it away. I'm ok with that. I'm along for the ride, and as long as He allows me to be here I will work as hard as I can to help lead others to His kingdom.

It's always nice to have a chance to tell that story, because I never want to forget it or get too distracted by the day to day details that I forget just how faithfully God has provided for me since Day 1. I know it sounds trite, but in all honesty I feel honored and humbled to know that God chose me for His work in Natal and to pour out His generous blessings. The past year and a half has been the most exciting, challenging, happy, joyful, incredible, and growing experience that I have ever had. I hope that I continue to have opportunities to tell the story of how I ended up here, because it is my testimony of how when we surrender our own will and desires to the Lord, He can do amazing things.

Please forgive my bad grammar and stream-of-consciousness writing. I have no excuse for it, I just ask for mercy. Goodnight!

No comments: