Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hey, look at me! Only one week between posts! That's gotta be some kind of record. The folks over at BBA (Bad Bloggers Anonymous) would be so proud.

If you're wondering why I've continued to be MIA lately, it's because I decided to jump feet-first into American Invasion 2008. Let me lay out a timeline for you just so you can understand what things have looked like around here lately.

Beginning of February: Cris is the only American for miles and miles
End of February: John Jewell and family arrive
March: Toni arrives
May: I travel to US for 2 weeks
June: LST team #1 arrives, includes my parents and one other OC student
Toni leaves
July: LST team #2 arrives, includes Lacy, the new intern, and one other student
LST team #1 leaves
August: Elder visit from Westover Hills in Austin, TX
LST team #3 arrives
Elder's family leaves
(yet to happen)
LST team #3 leaves
Other student from LST team #2 leaves
Arrival of two more LST interns

So, take a guess where that puts me? I am the resident American, the resident LST worker, and the resident speaker of both languages. That means all kinds of grocery store visits, bakery visits, introductions, babysitting, English Bible studies, language instructions, class scheduling, problem solving, etc. But I'm not complaining...I actually really love it!

So, that brings me to the point of writing this post. I am signing up for more. I want to stay longer. I want to participate and successfully get through subsequent American Invasions. So I'm fundraising for a second year with a goal of staying until May of 2009.

Will you help me? Yes, you. You who are reading this blog. You read this blog, you see the work is good, and I know you want to be able to come back many more times and read about life in Natal. Wanna know how to do that? Go to www.lst.org/2008projects/cris.

Yes, this is a shameless plug for myself. It's late, I'm tired, and I might actually question my own judgement in the morning. But not right now...

Need it again? www.lst.org/2008projects/cris

Goodnight!

No comments: