Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

...and I quite literally have no idea when I'll be back again! After 30 hours of travel divided up by 5 flights and 6 airports, I arrived in Natal, Brazil this afternoon. The weather is as warm as it was when I left OKC yesterday morning, and it's just the end of winter here! The two missionary families, Roberto and Marisa Signoretti and Osmildo and Marta Braga, with their daughter, Catherine, greeted me at the airport then let me rest for the remainder of the day. I will be staying with the Signorettis for the next few weeks while I get my bearings in Natal and begin my adjustment, then eventually will move into my own apartment.

I am so happy to be here. I feel at home in Natal and love the people here so much. I can't wait to be able to share stories and photos with you of everything I will be doing over the coming weeks and months. Please keep me updated on your lives as well! It looks like I'll have pretty regular internet access, so feel free to get in touch with me at any time! Thank you all so much for your support, prayers, and encouragement. Again, none of this would have been possible without you! Please continue to keep me in your prayers. You are in mine.

Sidenote: My body says it's 6:30 in the evening, my clock says it's 8:30, but I feel like I should have been asleep hours ago. So, if anything written in the paragraphs above sounds strange, chalk it up to exhaustion and I promise to be more myself next time after a few full nights of non-airplane sleep!

2 comments:

ann said...

Yay! Glad to see you made it and are with friends. :) Can't wait to hear about your experiences.

larry henderson said...

Love's prayers for a great reunion with the believers in Natal! You are courageous, faithful and a great example to the rest of us. Please know that we care and look forward to your next blog entry.